How To Enjoy Demons Souls
After finishing Demon’s Souls I have a few tips to avoid character remakes and to get the most out of your playthrough.
- Start as a Tower Knight. Royal is viable, but magic is boring and powerful.
- Take off armour until you can roll. You must be under 50% of your equip burden.
Finishing a level
- First learn the enemy locations, moves and find items.
- Then your goal is to get to the end and defeat the boss. This saves your progress. As does opening up doors and shorcuts.
- Learn to poke enemies. Move near them with your shield up and learn their moves. You’ll have to block, dodge, or hit before them to break their animation. Learn when to do what.
- Use a shield. When you know a level you will run through it with your shield up, put it down when it is safe to regain stamina, and then continue running.
- Don’t use boss demon’s souls. They create amazing spells/miracles and weapons later.
- Level difficulty is roughly: 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 1-2, 2-2, 4-1, 3-2, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3, 3-3, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3
- You need to choose between
- Strength: Giant swords, bastard swords, heavy shields.
- Dexterity: Spears, Halberds, Katanas, both get bows.
- To do this play with different weapons, decide which type you like the most.
- First level up your chosen stat until you can wield your weapon, don’t go higher than at 35.
- Then 16 points in Faith for Evacuate.
- Then Vitality and Endurance equally.
- You need to upgrade your weapon. Take a path that gives you an S rating for your chosen stat. Otherwise upgrade magic damage.
- There are many moves, try learning some new ones.
- Bows are great for luring enemies or slaying dragons. Choose and upgrade one based on your stats.
- Save one of each crafting stone and duplicate them. Farming crafting stones isn’t fun.
- Keeping world tendency positive unlocks doors and reveals treasures, this is optional and generally done in second playthroughs.
- To keep it positive
- Never die in a level in body form, always suicide jump in the nexus after each boss.
- Don’t kill good guys
- Play offline :(
Maike’s advice: “How to enjoy demon’s souls? You don’t.”